On the heels of a listeria recall on a variety of salad brands, there’s yet another. This time, however, the recall is for ice cream.
Royal Ice Cream Company first issued a recall on Feb. 4. In this event, there was a recall of just three flavors—vanilla, ginger, and mocha chip—from the Batch Ice Cream Brand. Now, it has expanded to include all of the brands manufactured at Royal Ice Cream Company facilities.
According to the announcement from the FDA affected ice creams feature the manufacturing plant numbers CT121 or CT#121, and the following brands, package amounts, and flavors are included:
- Batch brand pints, all flavors
- Royal Ice Cream Brand half Gallons, pints, cakes, all specialties.
- Ronny Brook Ice cream all flavor pints & 3-gallon tubs
- New Orleans Ice cream all flavor pints & 2.5-gallon tubs
- Maple Valley Ice Cream all flavor pints
- Art Cream all pint Flavors
- Sweet Scoops Yogurt all pint Flavors
- Gelato Fiasco all pint Flavors
- Biggy Iggy’s Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Munson Chip Wich Ice Cream sandwiches
- Giffords Ice cream Sandwiches all flavors
- Chewy Louie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Snow Wich Ice Cream Sandwich
- Newport Creamery — Crazy Vanilla, Vanilla and Chocolate , Vanilla and Coffee HG
As of the FDA’s announcement—which was issued on Feb. 12—no illnesses have been reported. However, with the brand expansion, the number of states affected has grown as well. Retailers in Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, New York, Louisiana, Florida, Texas, and New Hampshire are all included.
If you have ice cream in your fridge from one of the brands above, you might want to check the manufacturing numbers, and in the meantime, here’s always mason jar ice cream.