Tired of your recipe book always tipping over or the pages flipping in the middle of cooking or baking? Got an old wire coat hanger you’re going to throw out anyway?
What if we told you there was a way to kill two birds with one stone and re-purpose that wire hanger into a cookbook/recipe book stand with nothing more than a few twists and turns?
Though there are plenty of cookbook stands out there, this DIY craft has one distinct advantage—as long as you already have a spare wire hanger and a pair of pliers at home, this stand is 100% free. It’ll prop your book upright, hold it open to the page you need, and shouldn’t take you more than five minutes to put together.
Enjoy The Wood Personalized Recipe Notebook
Need a cookbook to actually place on your new homemade stand? Try this customizable recipe book on for size.
The other nice thing about this method is that you’re not likely to care if this stand gets dirty. Cooking can be a messy business with spills, stains, and grease spatters galore. But if an old wire hanger gets splashed with sauce, well, no big deal, right?
And even if you don’t use cookbooks or recipe books when making your food, you can always use this makeshift stand while reading your favorite fiction or non-fiction books instead.
Here’s how to create your own wire hand cookbook stand in 7 easy steps:
- Bend the two sides of the wire hanger downward, towards each other.
- Use a pair of pliers to squeeze the two sides as close together as possible.
- Fold up the two ends of the hanger into hook-like shapes.
- Bend the base of the wire hanger’s hook so it’s standing upright at a 90-degree angle.
- Bend the top half of the hanger upright to face the front.
- Curl the very top of the hanger into a circle.
- Fold the bottom wire upward, thread it through the newly created circle, and your new bookstand is complete.
That’s all there is to it! If you want or need some step-by-step visual guidance, this handy video demonstrates the whole process: