Taco Tuesday might get all the glamour, but there’s something to be said for its health-conscious cousin, Meatless Monday. Here are 10 delicious vegetarian meals you’ll love and feel good about eating.
Mondays aren’t a favorite day of the week, especially among working folks. It’s hard to wake up early after a weekend of relaxing and enjoying being at home. That’s why quick and easy meals on Monday are the best!
With that in mind, we’ve rounded up some meals that are simple to prepare, and not particularly fussy, but still filled with flavor.
Pasta is always a crowd-pleaser, and it tastes even better when it’s filled with fresh, in-season vegetables. Try one (or all) of the following recipes this year:
- Creamy Sundried Tomato Pasta: This deliciously creamy meal will leave you satisfied for the rest of the evening. The sundried tomatoes in olive oil combined with fresh, dried herbs create an earthy-fresh taste. A little half-and-half and parmesan cheese create a perfect cream sauce. Enjoy this meat-free meal with a side Caesar salad.
Get the Recipe: Eat Well 101
- Lemony Brussels Sprouts Pasta: If you’re a fan of fresh bursts of zesty lemon, this might be the one for you. Roasted brussels sprouts combined with freshly cracked pepper, minced garlic, and white wine make this simple meal one to remember.
Get the Recipe: The Kitchn
- Vegan Taco Pasta: This casserole has all the flavors of tacos, but even better because all the ingredients are vegan! You’ll experience new flavors, like vegan cream cheese and soyrizo—the all-natural, vegetable-based version of the ever-popular chorizo.
Get the Recipe: This Is Savory
Sandwiches and Salads
Slapping a couple of ingredients between two slices of fresh bread only takes a few seconds, and building a salad is super easy, too. The meals below are healthy and can be prepared in no time:
- Mushroom and Goat Cheese Veggie Panini: This sandwich tastes fantastic hot or cold. It’s packed with fresh vegetables, soft goat cheese, and tangy balsamic vinaigrette, all tucked inside fluffy, flavorful focaccia bread.
Get the Recipe: Vanilla and Bean
- Portobello Philly Cheesesteaks: Yes, the meat version tastes amazing, but have you ever tried a vegetarian version? Substituting the steak with portabella mushrooms saves you money and calories for a healthier rendition of this classic sub.
Get the Recipe: Domestic Superhero
- Veggie Frito Taco Salad: Filled with fresh farmers market ingredients, like romaine, cherry tomatoes, and corn, you’ll love this all-veggie version. A can of organic black beans, Fritos, guac, and a few other taco-topper favorites are all you need to make this fantastic dish.
Get the Recipe: The Country Cook
- Crunchy Cashew Thai Quinoa Salad: This salad is out-of-this-world delicious, gluten-free, and vegan. You won’t have to spend much time in the kitchen, either—you can whip this up in under half an hour. How can you go wrong with crunchy cashews and quinoa combined with flavorful veggies and a homemade peanut ginger dressing? Don’t miss out on this one!
Get the Recipe: Ambitious Kitchen
Casseroles and Hot Oven Dishes
Casseroles are the quintessential homemade meal for many people. They bring back fond memories of childhood family dinners and provide comfort like nothing else. Below are a few meatless versions the whole family will enjoy:
- Vegetarian Shepard’s Pie: With the winter upon us, a cozy, comforting meal like this is the perfect way to warm up. The tutorial at Pinch of Yum takes you through each step and there’s a helpful video, as well. Enjoy this healthy and satisfying meal with warm crusty bread and whipped butter.
Get the Recipe: Pinch of Yum
- Three Cheese Baked Penne: This meal is easy to put together and inexpensive to make. Mozzarella, Parmesan, and Asiago cheese blend nicely to create this creamy delight.
Get the Recipe: It Is a Keeper
- Black Bean Enchilada Casserole: Layered corn tortillas, enchilada sauce, veggies, and black beans marry together nicely in this casserole dish. Once the cheese melts, just add a dollop of sour cream or guac, and you’ll love every bite.
Get the Recipe: All Recipes