Are you looking for a refreshing way to pump your body full of healthy nutrients? Berries are an easy (and delicious) way to do so. Fortunately, there are some easy ways you can incorporate more berries into your diet, all summer long.
Give any of these 10 ideas a try:
- Overnight oats: When your mornings are rushed, breakfast is easy to skip. One way to avoid this is by preparing it the night before. Overnight oats are a foolproof way to ensure you have a nutritious breakfast you can drink on the way to work or munch on once you’re at the office. Be sure to fill them with your favorite berrylicious combination.
- Throw some in hot oatmeal: If you aren’t into cold oatmeal, you can spruce up the hot stuff with some flavorful berries, too. Make it even sweeter with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup, or a dash of cinnamon or scoop of all-natural peanut butter.
- Yogurt parfait: These make a delicious breakfast, nutritious snack, or light lunch. Build yours with a combination of all your favorite berries. Then, add a few generous scoops of Greek yogurt and finish things off with some all-natural granola. The creamy yogurt provides protein and healthy calcium, but the berries give your body plenty of essential antioxidants.
- Smoothies and shakes: These are the easiest ways to incorporate blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries. If you aren’t a fan of chomping them, you can drink them instead. Berries can be pricey, too, which is why we recommend purchasing large bags of frozen fruit. If you use frozen berries in a smoothie, you’re guaranteed a frosty consistency without having to add ice cubes.
- Toss them on a salad: Delicate spinach leaves embellished with colorful berries, goat (or feta) cheese, red onion, and avocado is one of the best ways to reward your body with health. Not only are these light salads stunning, but you can make them an entire meal by adding grilled shrimp, chicken, or steak, and a drizzle of raspberry or lemon vinaigrette.
- Popsicles: These summertime delights are even better when you make them from scratch. You’ll also get all the health benefits they have to offer. Short of eating fresh berries fresh out of a bowl, there’s no easier way to incorporate them than with some homemade Popsicles.
- Berry sangria: Consuming your berries in an alcoholic beverage might be a bit of an oxymoron, but nothing quite beats an iced berry sangria in the summer. This boozy, berrylicious beverage is both refreshing and filled with juicy fruit that will pucker your lips right up. Next time you make one, throw in all your favorite berries, and munch on the fruit for dessert.
- Homemade sorbet: A fantastic (and healthier) alternative to ice cream, sorbet is simply puréed fruit, combined with a sweetener. And you can even spike it with wine or a liqueur! Whether you make these dairy-free delights with or without alcohol, be sure to purée in your favorite berries.
- Frozen berries: Not everyone has time to whip up sorbets or concoct sangrias. There’s nothing wrong with eating your berries as is or even frozen. Frozen blueberries and raspberries are quite a treat all on their own. They offer a fruity, frosty chill when it’s hot outside, and make an excellent dessert when you need something sweet.
- Summer desserts: Whether you create a triple berry crisp or put together a warm berry cobbler, we guarantee it will disappear in no time! Another popular summertime dessert is, of course, a berry trifle, layered with chunks of cake, whipped cream, pudding, and berries. Or, you can keep it simple with a strawberry shortcake.
There are so many ways to enjoy berries during the summer. Whether you prefer these in-season fruits on their own or mixed into a delicious concoction, your body will definitely appreciate all those healthy nutrients!