Wet boots and snow-covered caps are just around the corner. But before your mudroom or entryway becomes a slushy, muddy mess, prepare for winter with these must-have items.
Avoid Puddles with a Boot Tray
Boot trays prevent winter boots from leaving mud and water puddles throughout the house. Whether you have carpet or hardwood, no one wants a soaked or stained floor. That’s why boot trays are a must-have this winter if people will be coming and going a lot.
The JobSite Heavy Duty Boot Tray will easily hold up in even the busiest households. It has enough room for multiple pairs of boots, plus, you get two! They also double in the summer to keep dirt off your floors or as pet mats for messy dogs and cats.
JobSite Heavy Duty Boot Tray, Multi-Purpose for Shoes, Pets, Garden - 15 x 28 Inch - 2 Trays
Keep your floors slush-free.
Keep Those Boots Dry
Boot dryers will dry those wet boots much faster. They’re perfect for when the kids come in after building a snowman or after you shovel the walk.
We like the following boot dryers:
- For the whole family: If you need to dry more than one pair at a time, this one by LAVIEAIR can do it! You can simultaneously dry up to two pairs of boots, or a pair of boots and gloves. It even has a timer.
LAVIEAIR Boot Dryer, Shoe Dryer and Glove Dryer with Timer and Fan, White
Keep everyone's boots warm and dry
- Compact: If you don’t need, or have space for, a family-size dryer, this one by Kooder is an affordable option. It’ll keep your winter boots or even your sweaty workout shoes dry.
KOODER Boot Dryer,Shoe Dryer,Foot Dryer ! Eliminate Bad Odor and sanitize Shoes!
Perfect for smaller households.
Hang Up Those Coats
Why hang coats on basic hooks, when you can invest in a stylish coat rack for your mudroom or entryway? This one by HOMEKOKO has space for shoes, as well as a basket for gloves and hats.
It’ll help you keep your outdoor wear more organized and give it a place to dry on wet days.
HOMEKOKO Coat Rack Shoe Bench, Hall Tree Entryway Storage Bench, Wood Look Accent Furniture with Metal Frame, 3-in-1 Design (Rustic Brown)
Keep jackets and outerwear from piling up.
Don’t Forget Rugs and Floor Mats
Rugs are excellent for all seasons! They help catch all the dirt, mud, and muck that gets tracked in from outside so it won’t mess up your floors.
If you’re looking to add a few, we recommend the following:
- A tough outdoor mat: Tired of the family tapping their boots off on your door jamb? Put mats outside the doors of your home so everyone has a place to stomp the snow off their boots before they come inside. You’ll want to keep it clear of snow, though! This heavy-duty mat from PLUS Haven isn’t fancy, but it’ll do the job. You can also get it with a message or graphic.
Coco Coir Door Mat with Heavy Duty Backing, Natural Doormat, 17”x30” Size, Easy to Clean Entry Mat, Beautiful Color and Sizing for Outdoor and Indoor uses, Home Décor
Keep the snow outside where it belongs.
- An indoor water-absorbent rug: The Refetone doormat is perfect for all seasons, especially if you have kids or pets, or work outside. Not only does it absorb moisture, but it also catches dirt so no one will track it through the house.
Indoor Doormat Front Door Mat Non Slip Rubber Backing Super Absorbent Mud and Snow Magic Inside Dirts Trapper Mats Entrance Door Rug Shoes Scraper Machine Washable Rug Carpet - Grey, 20"x 32"
A water-absorbent rug is the ideal indoor solution.
Storage for Hats, Gloves, and Scarves
You have to pile on the hats, gloves, scarves, and coats to stay warm in the winter, but you also need a convenient place to store them all.
Both of the following options offer ideal storage for all your winter outerwear:
- A coatrack with drawers: This rustic coatrack from HBCY Creations adds some extra hanging space, as well as drawers for gloves and hats. You can also hang those winter scarves on the hooks.
Rustic Coat Rack Wall Mounted Shelf with Hooks & Baskets, Entryway Organizer Wall Shelf with 5 Coat Hooks and Cubbies, Solid Wooden Shelf with Hooks - Hang Coats, Towels, Hats, Keys or Coffee Mugs!
More hanging and storage space for outerwear.
- Collapsible storage baskets: This set of three has a classic look that will work with any coatrack and provide space for gloves and other winter accessories. You can keep them on a shelf or just place them on the floor to give little hands easier access.
Awekris Large Storage Basket Bin Set [3-Pack] Storage Cube Box Foldable Canvas Fabric Collapsible Organizer with Handles for Home Office Closet Toys Clothes Kids Room Nursery (Grey) (Black)
An easy, yet stylish option for hats and gloves.
These stylish additions to your entryway will keep things neat and organized. They’ll also help you keep that nasty winter slush off your floors, and your boots dry.