Decorating for the holidays is a great way to get into the spirit of the season. But falling off the roof really puts a damper on things. So, why not try some easier decorations this year?
None of these outdoor décor options require a full ladder or a trip to the roof (although, a few will require a small step stool to give you a foot or two of reach). And all of these are more affordable than a trip to the ER!
Use Projectors Instead of Christmas Lights
There’s no need to string lights from your awning when you have projectors to add glowing color to your yard. There are all sorts of options, including:
- Lightshow Projector: Adds the basic colors of Christmas to your home and yard. You can cover your entire house with Christmas trees, Santa, bells, snowflakes, and stars.
- Snowflake Projector: Whether there’s actual snow on the ground or not, your yard will look like it’s falling just on your home.
Snowflake Projector Lights, Christmas Rotating LED Snowfall Projection Lamp with Remote Control, Outdoor Waterproof Sparkling Landscape Decorative Lighting for Xmas Party Outdoor (Black)
Create your own Winter Wonderland.
- Multi-Holiday Projector: Get a little “extra” with the 12 slide patterns available in this projector. Plus, it’s for more than just Christmas. You can also use this fun projector to celebrate Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentine’s Day, and birthdays!
Christmas Holiday Projector Lights, 2 in 1 Ripple Ocean Light Projector with 12 Slides Patterns10 Wave Colors Outdoor/Indoor Party Landscape Garden Decoration Led Lighting Projector with Remote
Includes designs for all the holidays.
Instead of detangling all those outdoor Christmas string lights to hang your trees, invest in some solar-powered or battery-operated lighting. You’ll save time and money on electricity.
We recommend the following options:
- Solar Bar Lights: These beautiful, glittery lights will help you save on electricity since they’re solar-powered. They come in an eight-pack of multiple colors.
- Globe Lighted Tree Ornaments: For a traditional ornament look, these combine décor and lighting for outdoor tree decorating. They have a beautiful classic look and there are six color options so you can find just what you want for your yard.
Xodus Innovations Outdoor LED Ornament, Battery Powered Pulsing Globe Sphere Lights with Dusk Sensor (Pack of 3) (Red)
A classic ornament look with pretty, pulsating lights.
Stick with Inflatables to Stay Off the Roof
Don’t climb up to the roof to put Santa and his reindeer up there—just get a giant inflatable or two. We like the following options:
- Santa and His Sleigh: Santa will look just as great in your yard as he would on the roof. Plus, you won’t have to worry about either of you falling. This cool sleigh is 10-feet long.
- Joyous Inflatable Snowman: Whether there’s snow on Christmas or not, this snowman is sure to make you feel the chill in the air. Plus, there’s no need to freeze your butt off making a real one. At 5-feet tall, he almost looks real.
GOOSH 5 Feet Inflatable Snowman Christmas Outdoor Decoration,Blow Up Snowman Christmas Yard Decoration with Branch Hand
This snowman is sure to bring joy to your yard.
- Inflatable Tree: Even if you don’t have any evergreens in your yard, you can enjoy a Yule tree with this blow-up yard piece. It comes with its own ornaments, too!
Superjare 7 FT Christmas Inflatables Tree, Light Up Xmas Inflatable Tree, Christmas Decoration with Fan and Anchor Ropes, Animated for Yard Party Lawn, Indoor & Outdoor
Add a little more greenery to your yard.
Front Door Décor Creates an Easy Focal Point
The front door of your home is the first thing people see. Even if it’s the only outdoor part of your home you decorate, you can make it special. You might need a small step ladder or a tall friend to help you hang something from the door frame. But you still won’t have to cling to the roof as your ladder slides away Christmas Vacation style.
Here are some options we like:
- A cheerful front door sash set: Spread some cheer to anyone who approaches your front door with this bright, Merry Christmas door sash set. It makes a great backdrop for your holiday photos, as well.
Christmas Porch Decorations Door Banner - Outdoor Xmas Decor Set - Front Door Red Merry Christmas Sign for City, Country & Farmhouse Clearance Wall Hanging Outside
Wish everyone who visits a Merry Christmas.
- The perfect wreath: Add more holiday cheer than most can stand with a beautiful wreath. This one is a Christmas globe lover’s dream.
Costyleen 16 Inch Christmas Ball Wreath Home Party Decors Xmas Front Door Decorative Hanging Christmaswreaths Ball Ornaments Gold
The perfect wreath for Christmas-bulb lovers.
Perfect Your Porch
You don’t have to stop with the front door. Spruce up your porch with these holiday decorations:
- Christmas Sled: If you’re going for a more rustic look, this sled will look delightful on your front porch with some potted evergreens. You can hang it on the front door or just lean it in the perfect spot.
- Light-up Christmas gifts: These will get your front porch ready for the holidays, whether it’s day or night. The shortest is 11-inches tall and the tallest is 18 inches.
National Tree Company lit Artificial Christmas Décor 3-Piece Set Includes Pre-strung White Mini Lights Sisal Gift Boxes
Will make your porch look festive both day and night.
- A porch Christmas tree: Whether you put lights on the trees in your yard or not, this delightful pre-lit tree will make a great addition to your holiday porch décor. It also collapses for easy storage.
National Tree Company Pre-lit Artificial Tree For Entrances and Christmas| Includes Pre-strung White Lights | Montclair Spruce - 4 ft
Adorable and just the right size for your porch.
Use Your Windows
While most of this window décor will be inside your home, it’s visible from the outside, too! Don’t waste that window space this holiday season—try some of these options:
- Flameless candles: These offer a traditional look without the fire hazard. They make every window in your home glow with Christmas joy.
Raycare 10PCS LED Flameless Window Candles with Remote Timer, Flameless Taper Candles Light Battery Operated, Flickering Warm White Light with Clips/Suction Cups for Christmas Halloween
Make your home look bright inside and out.
- Santa window clings: Perfect for homes with children, these are sure to bring smiles.
VEYLIN 6 Sheets 300 Pcs Christmas Window Clings, Snowflake Reindeer Santa Claus Window Stickers for Christmas Window Descoration
Adorable and festive.
- Snowflake window clings: If cutesy isn’t your style, these snowflakes might be just the thing. They make the view from both inside and out look like a gorgeous snowy day.
Joinart 284 Pcs Christmas Window Clings Christmas Window Stickers Snowflake Window Clings Decals for Christmas Decorations Holiday Decorations Ornaments Party Supplies 9 Sheets
Make every day a snow day.
You don’t have to break your neck (or anything else) just to decorate your home for the holidays. Give some of these items a try this year and stay off the roof.