Baby bibs are some of the most useful baby gadgets you can have as a parent. They protect your little ones’ clothes from food, drinks, and drool, sometimes more. There are many styles, materials, designs, and factors to consider when you make a bib purchase, so we’re here to help.
What Kind of Bibs Are Out There?
There are so many styles, and each has its own perks:
- Waterproof: Waterproof bibs offer added protection and help keep your baby or toddler dry during mealtimes.
- Material: Materials like cotton are soft against a baby’s delicate skin.
- Adjustable Neckband: You want to have a neckband that fits your little one’s neck size comfortably and doesn’t allow food to fall in between.
- Firm Closure: A bib that joins nice and secure on the back of the neck is perfect for toddlers who like to rip their bib off while eating.
- Pouch/Pocket: Those bibs made with a literal pouch or pocket on the front catch all the extra mess your little one creates in the high chair.
- Bandana: These bibs are typically made of a soft material that is ultra-absorbent and most commonly used for catching teething drool instead of mealtime messes.
- Full-Coverage: These bibs cover your kiddos’ entire torso, sometimes their back and arms, too. They are perfect for protecting a very special outfit during mealtime.
After all the syles of baby bibs, there’s also the number of materials they come in:
- Cotton: It’s light and adsorbent—two good qualities for a bib.
- Muslin: This ultra-light material is soft on a baby’s skin.
- Plastic/Plastic Coatings: These make the bibs waterproof.
- Silicone: It’s extra waterproof and free of most common chemicals, like BPA and PVC.
- Paper: These bibs are ideal for travel and onetime use.
We know there’s a lot to think about when it comes to baby bibs, and it can feel overwhelming making any purchase for your child. That’s why we’ve curated our top picks for you below.
Best Overall: Blissbury Silicone Baby Bibs
These silicone bibs are a newer favorite for parents of kids of all sizes. They’re made of top food-grade silicone that is BPA-free and durable, so they’re completely safe for your little one to chew on. They’re soft and comfortable, so it won’t leave marks on babies’ delicate skin.
There are four adjustable neck sizes, and the tie around the neck prevents easy premature pull-off from little hands. The large front catcher-pocket does not spill and catches any missed food. These easy-to-clean bibs are dishwasher safe, waterproof, and stain-resistant.
Blissbury Silicone Baby Bibs Set Of 2, BPA Free Waterproof Soft Durable Adjustable Silicone Bibs for Babies & Toddlers (Teal/Tradewinds)
These bibs are made of reliable and durable silicone with a convenient pocket to keep baby clean and dry during mealtime.
Best Cotton: Premium, Organic Cotton Toddler Bids
This organic bib is delicate against a baby’s sensitive skin, and its lightweight design makes it convenient to fold up for travel. With multi-layer absorption from a hypo-allergenic front fiber and polyester fleece on the back for added moisture protection, these bibs keep your little one dry and comfortable.
These bibs are durable with premium stitching that will stand up to multiple washings and offer adjustable snaps to fit perfectly around your little’s neck while staying firmly in place, despite your toddler’s greatest tugging efforts.
Premium, Organic Cotton Toddler Bibs, Unisex 5-pack Extra Large Baby Bibs for Boys and Girls by KiddyStar, Baby Shower Item for Feeding, Drooling, Teething, Adjustable 5 Positions (Bears & Whales)
This cotton bib will keep your little one dry without irritating their skin.
Best for Teething: Bazzle Baby Bandana with Teethers
These bibs are soft on babies’ delicate skin with a 100% cotton front and a 100% fleece back. They are non-irritating while protecting from drool, food, spit-up, and more. They are BPA-free with a silicone tip, acting as a two-in-one bib that soothes teething babies and catches their drool. They are ideal for 3-to-24-month-olds.
With two adjustable snaps, they can grow with your baby. They do not slide off and fit snuggly under the chin to protect your baby’s clothing from drool.
Bazzle Baby Bandana Bibs with Teethers, Silicone Soother, Cotton & Fleece Baby Bibs Soak Up Drool, 6-Pack
With soft protection from teething drool and a silicone teether, this bib is protection and play-time!
Best Full-Coverage: Luxja Baby Waterproof Sleeved Bib
Available in a range of cute patterns, these bibs are made of waterproof, easy-to-clean fabric and are machine washable. An adjustable hook-and-loop back closure makes them easy to put on with an optional bottom flap to catch food.
These bibs will keep food, paint, and other messes completely off your baby’s top half.
Luxja Baby Waterproof Sleeved Bib, Long Sleeve Bib for Toddler (6-24 Months), Gray Chevron
Ideal for messy eaters, this waterproof bib offers full-coverage protection during mealtimes, crafts, or even haircuts.
Best Disposable: Munchkin Disposable Bibs, 24 Pack
With three leak-proof protective layers and a food-catching pocket, these bibs are amazing for any kind of travel or even at home if you don’t feel like washing other bibs! They are disposable and come in a standard pack of 24, so there’s no reason to carry around a messy bib.
Munchkin Disposable Bibs, 24 Pack
Coming in a convenient 24-pack, these bibs are waterproof and durable for on-the-go messes, even offering an optional food-catching pocket.