Made especially for little dancing feet, girl’s tap shoes offer a range of styles and sizes to help your little dancer optimally practice and beautifully perform. Here we’ve gathered the best little girl’s tap shoes to help make purchasing the next pair a little easier. Read on to see them!
Purchasing Girl’s Tap Shoes
Not all tap shoes are created equal! So which ones will be best for your little dancer? Consider these few key points:
- Comfort: Dancing can be a long and strenuous activity, so the shoes should be comfortable and fit perfectly to prevent blisters or sore feet. Opt for a pair that offers comfortable heel collars. Notched, seamless, and padded ones can add greater comfort.
- Taps: The sound of the taps can make all the difference. Make sure they are mounted for quality and durability and produce the desired sound.
- Closure: From Velcro straps to snaps to ties, there are plenty of different shoe closures. If there is no preference from an instructor/class, opt for whichever is easiest for your little one to use.
- Colors: The typical colors for shoes are black or white, but some offer multiple colors or sparkles. Just be sure the instructor/class allows the color.
- Safety: Nonskid pads will help your kiddo have secure and safe movements in the shoes.
Top Choice: Capezio Toddler Tyette Tap Shoe
Made of PVC and PU leather with attached eyebrows and a grosgrain ribbon tie, these shoes offer flexible outer soles, foam-padded footbeds, Achilles notches, and padded collars with a brushed microfiber lining for moisture absorbency. The shoes have Tele Tone toe and heel taps that are mounted on fiberboard, with nonskid rubber pads, firm heel counters, and light toe boxes.
Capezio girls Jr. Tyette Tap Shoe, White, 3 W US Little Kid
These tap shoes have Tele Tone taps and moisture-absorbent lining.
Best with Straps: Bloch Dance Girl’s Annie Tyette Tap Shoe
With a snap design and a pretty ribbon to hide the elastic, these shoes are made with soft cashmere lining and padded insoles for reduced moisture. They feature Bloch Techno taps and nonslip pro balance pads for extra stability.
Bloch Girl's Dance Annie Tyette Tap Shoe, Brown Tan, 1.5 Narrow Little Kid
These ribboned shoes are comfortable, have easy closure for little ones, and come with quality taps.
Best with Velcro: Capezio Mary Jane Tap Shoe
These shoes offer shock-absorbing foam insoles and a classic Mary Jane-style adjustable strap. Included is a removable clip-on bow for the toe. Great for beginners, the taps are attached at the heel and toe, and there are rubber patches on the soles for a safer nonslip grip.
Capezio girls 3800 Tap Shoe mary jane flats, Caramel, 11 Toddler US
Shock-absorbing shoes great for beginners with anti-slip rubber soles and removable clip-on bows.
Best with Laces: Joocare Lace-Up Beginner Tap Dance Shoe
Featuring a premium synthetic vamp and a heel height of 1.5 inches, these shoes are ideal for beginners. Rubber soles help provide better balance, while the collars and cushioned insoles help comfort and alleviate pressure on the Achilles tendon. The inside is lined with moisture-absorbing material, and the shoes are fitted with acoustic toe and heel taps for a great sound.
Joocare Child Lace Up Beginner Tap Dance Shoes Unisex (Toddler/Little/Big Kid) (Black, Numeric_4)
These comfortable tap shoes offer an acoustic sound with rubber soles for added balance.
Best with Sparkles: Bloch Glitter Tap Shoe
These low-top shoes feature removable elastic straps for easy on and off and grosgrain ribbon for securing the shoe and hiding the elastic. Decorative bows and sparkles give these shoes extra embellishment and style. The backs of the shoes offer an extra piece of black leather to not only secure the heel but help minimize rubbing.
Bloch Girl's Glitter Tap Dance Shoe, Black, 13 Medium US Little Kid
A glittery appearance with a decorative bow and removable elastic straps for easy on and off.