If you didn’t know that mop and bucket sets have undergone a considerable upgrade, now you know. New designs are made to keep you from bending over and getting your hands wet. They’re also made to wring out well to stop from spreading germs and dirty water around. We’ve done the research and found some of the best mop and bucket sets for you to choose from.
Why buy a mop and bucket set?
If you have lots of hard flooring in your home, it may be wise to have a mop and bucket set in your cleaning arsenal. Mop and bucket sets are longer-lasting and more earth-friendly than disposable mops; plus, they cover a wider area of your floors. Along with brooms, mops are pretty essential cleaning supplies.
What should you consider in a mop and bucket set?
- Washable Mopheads: Look for washable, reusable, and easily replaceable mopheads to prevent having to continuously buy new ones and throw away old ones. Also check that the mopheads that come with your set will stand up to the washer and the dryer to make your life easier.
- Wet and/or Dry Cleaning: One of the best features of some of these mop and bucket sets is that some of the mopheads are made to clean wet or dry. Dry mopping can trap dust, dirt, and pet hair before you go in with the wet mophead, making the job easier and your floors cleaner.
- Bucket Features: Mop buckets used to just be plain old receptacles that contained soapy and often dirty water. Newer buckets may have features that wring your mophead out or even separate your clean and dirty water.
What are some of the most common types of mops?
- Conventional String Mops: Conventional string mops tend to carry a little more bacteria since they have so many crevices to clean and are more difficult to detach after use. You often need to manually wring out the mop or use the pressing mechanism in the bucket to wring it out, which can be quite labor-intensive, especially if you have arthritis or a disability. Constantly re-dipping the mophead in the bucket can often spread around debris and other bacteria as well. Though they work, they’re not the most modern and hygienic option.
- Flat Mops: Flat mops often have a cleaning solution compartment built into the rod of the mop or disposable mopheads that are soaked in a cleaning solution and get thrown away after each use, which isn’t the most environmentally friendly. These mops can be expensive if you regularly need to buy cleaning pad refills. Other options offer reusable and washable pads.
- Steam Mops: Steam mops utilize steam to clean floors, meaning no chemicals are required—just water. The cleaning pads are often removable and washable. They also don’t typically use as much water as conventional mops, but they can damage unsealed hardwood floors over time.
- Spin Mops: Spin mops wring out the water for you with their spinning technology, allowing for a hands-free cleaning experience, so manually wringing the mop out is a thing of the past. This is especially convenient for people with disabilities or arthritis. Spin mops also allow you to control the amount of water being used, making them more environmentally friendly and helping your floors dry quickly. Many spin mops come with removable microfiber pads that are reusable and can be washed after each use. Ultimately, they’re an excellent option for many households.
- Robot Mops: Robot mops are ultra-convenient and high-tech options for cleaning your floors. They’re programmable, like robot vacuums to cover your specific home’s flooring and don’t require buckets. These are the most expensive type, but they’re very modern and sophisticated.
O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop
From a trusted name in cleaning products, this mop and bucket set is designed to scrub those hard-to-reach places with ease.
Pros: This is a high-quality and popular mop option. It comes from a trusted brand and doesn’t require bending over or manual wringing. The spinning ringer inside the bucket is nothing short of amazing as it wrings out the machine-washable mophead. The bucket itself is lightweight and easy to maneuver. The mopheads are high-quality, easy to clean, and easy to replace.
Cons: Because of the spinner function, you can only fill the bucket about halfway with water, which means you’ll have to refill it more often. The shorter mop handle is a little harder for tall people to use.
Bottom Line: If you’re looking for a solid yet affordable mop and bucket set, this may be the one for you. It offers hands-free cleaning with no sloppy mess, and it’s safe for all types of hard, sealed floors.
Vileda Ultramat Turbo Flat Mop and Bucket Set
Mopping the floor is less of a chore with this great mop and bucket set that wrings out easily without splashing.
Pros: This premium mop and bucket set is surprisingly quick and easy to assemble. Even the splash guard is easy to tighten and works perfectly, keeping your pants and your floors dry. The mopheads are made from high-quality microfiber to scrub up all of your sticky messes, even ones that get in the grout of your tile floor.
Cons: The telescopic handle is a bit short for some.
Bottom Line: If you’re looking for a great mop and bucket set with a reliable spinner, this is a great pick. It cleans beautifully and doesn’t leave streaks on your floors. The microfiber pad is machine washable for easy cleaning.
oshang Flat Floor Mop and Bucket Set
This mop and bucket set cleans wet or dry, so it can handle dust and hair as well as sticky spills.
Pros: This self-wringing mop maneuvers like a dream, getting all the hard-to-reach corners with ease. It’s easy to clean under furniture as well. It can dry mop over hair and dust as well as wet mop over sticky or wet messes. It has a compartment for clean water and a compartment for dirty water, so you can get your floors much cleaner. Plus, it’s easy to put together, so you can start mopping in no time.
Cons: The handle may come unscrewed from the mophead, so be sure to get it on as tightly as possible.
Bottom Line: If you want a mop that doesn’t even think about spreading dirty water, this is the mop and bucket set for you. There are two compartments in the bucket: one for clean water and one for dirty water. So unlike old-fashioned mops, you’ll never have to worry about spreading dirty water and germs all over your floor.
VENETIO iMOP Microfiber Spin Mop and Bucket
This premium mop and bucket set is equipped with an adjustable telescopic mop handle and ultra-absorbent reusable pads.
Pros: While the instructions seem like a lot, they’re very easy to follow, making this bucket a snap to put together. Because you only need a little soap and water in the bucket, it remains light and easy to maneuver as you’re mopping. The pads are washable, reusable, and super absorbent. And the best part about this mop and bucket set is that the clean water and dirty water are separated.
Cons: The mophead is round and doesn’t get into tricky corners.
Bottom Line: If you’re looking for a sturdy spin mop that does the job, this may be the one for you. The handle is comfortable yet sturdy, and you can feel good about the environmental impact of this purchase.
Tsmine Spin Mop Bucket System
Dry your mop dribbles quickly and easily with this breakthrough self-wringing mop and bucket set.
Pros: This mop and bucket set has an extendable handle that most people find very comfortable to use. The bucket and mop are both sturdy, so you don’t have to worry about it falling apart on you. The spinner does a fantastic job of drying the mophead just enough for your floors to get cleaned and dried quickly. The bucket has wheels for convenient portability. It comes with enough reusable mopheads to last you a year. After the year, the mophead replacements are easy to find, and they work just as well after fifty washes as they do after one.
Cons: The base of the mophead is made of metal and may rust over time if not thoroughly dried after every use.
Bottom Line: If you’re looking for a mop and bucket set that comes with a lot of convenient features, try this one with a spinning wringer, wheels, and durable mophead replacements.
The mop and bucket set is no longer the sloppy disaster it used to be. So if you’re sick of wasting money on disposable mop pads or are worried about the environmental impact of using disposable mop pads, it may be time to grab a great mop and bucket set. Given the various features of newer mop and bucket sets, be sure to check out all the details to find the right product for you.