Staying organized and on schedule can be difficult, especially if you’re balancing more than one thing at a time! Using a personal planner can keep you ready for whatever the day, week, month, or year may bring. We’ve rounded up the best planners for even the busiest of schedules.
Purchasing a Planner
Your personal planner should be one you can confidently and easily use to organize your schedule. Here are some additional things to consider:
- Size: Some planners will be small enough to fit in a purse or pocket for easy transport. Others will be large enough to cover a desk in future plans. When it comes to the size of your planner, make sure there is enough space to write the things you need to and that it can be placed/used where you need it.
- Planning Type: From hourly to daily to weekly to monthly, there is a range of different planners. Choose one that will best fit what you want to accomplish and that helps keep you on track.
- Space: Do you like to be detailed with lots of words? Do you like space for additional notes? Make sure the planner you choose gives you the amount of space you desire for your plans, whether that be a quick jot-down of an appointment or an in-depth message (or both).
- Dated vs. Undated: If you like to be able to completely customize your planner, then an undated planner may be for you. However, set dates can help ensure there are no mix-ups and may offer more stability.
- Long-Term: Planners can be purchased with up to two years of planning material so that you can plan for the long run.
- Extras: Some planners are equipped with reminders to drink water; others will offer a tear-off feature to help you feel more accomplished at the end of each day.
- Paper: Durable and no-bleed paper is ideal, especially if you have a favorite pen you like to use that might cause bleeding; otherwise, your writing could become messy and illegible.
Best Overall: Blue Sky Weekly and Monthly Planner
This cute planner offers an entire year of planning, both monthly and weekly! It’s designed with a flexible front cover, there is plenty of space, and it features Julian dating to let you know how many days have passed in the year and how many more there are to go! Available in three sizes from purse to desktop, there is plenty of space for detailed appointments, reference calendars, additional contact and note pages, and major holiday reminders.
Blue Sky Weekly and Monthly Planner
A planner with both monthly and weekly planning and multiple sizes with space for both contacts and notes.
Best Two-Year: Lemome 2021-2022 Planner with Calendar Stickers
Available in multiple colors, each featuring a convenient pen holder, this planner has a 12-month calendar and 53 weekly pages per year (224 pages of quality off-white paper). The cover is a solid faux design, and there is a stylish inner pocket for loose pages. Tabs help you easily reference and access information. There are plenty of bonus pages for notes, and calendar stickers help you always stay organized and in control!
Lemome 2021-2022 Planner with Calendar Stickers
With tabs for easy reference, extra note pages, calendar stickers, and even a convenient inner front pocket, this planner will keep you organized.
Best Academic: Maalbok Academic Planner
Made with strong twin-wire binding, this planner features a flexible cover, thick paper, rounded corners, and printed tabs for durability and convenience. Holiday reminders and a contacts page ensure you don’t forget the important stuff, and each page is clearly printed with the month and year and Julian dates. Each writing space is ruled for neater notes, and it comes in various pack sizes— one, three, and five.
Maalbok Academic Planner
A durable planner designed with lots of features to help keep you organized and on schedule.
Best Hourly: TREES Daily Planner
Available in a range of templates, this hourly planner offers 100 planning pages with thick paper that won’t bleed through. Each page is non-dated to help you customize it however you need to, and it features a top-three priorities section, a to-do list section, an o’clock section, and even a special spot for notes for the day. The cover is waterproof, and the planner is twin-wire-bound for added durability.
TREES Hourly Planner
Durable and customizable, this planner has multiple sections to keep you on schedule.
Best Tear-Off Notepad: Sweetzer & Orange Weekly To-Do List Pad
Large enough to top a desk and stylish enough to be hung on the wall, this planner offers ample space for weekly planning, a special place for notes, and a conveniently labeled to-do list section. It is available in multiple colors and styles, and each page can be easily torn off when the week is complete to make space for the next! The paper is non-bleed and can be customized to your needs!
Sweetzer & Orange Weekly To-Do List Pad
Lots of space to customize how you want to organize your week.
Best Wall Planner: TOWWI Monthly Desk Pad Calendar Planner
Designed with spacious daily line blocks and an easy tear-off top, this planner is great for busy families trying to stay on schedule! There is a preview of the next month and two black corners to help keep pages flat. Keep it on the wall for the whole family to reference easily.
TOWWI Monthly Desk Pad Calendar Planner
There is plenty of space to write activities and reminders on this planner.