When it comes to protection during your period, it should come down to whatever makes you most comfortable. Tampons are a great choice for almost any age, especially for someone active or involved in sports. If tampons are your go-to choice, or you are just curious about what is out there, we have gathered together the best of the best to help you make the right buying choice!
What to Consider When Purchasing Tampons
Choosing a tampon can feel overwhelming, but there are a few points you can consider to help make sure you purchase the right ones for you:
- Flow: From light to heavy to super, tampons are designed to help give you optimal protection during your period. Choose a size and flow that most fits you and gives you comfortable protection.
- Applicator: Most tampons are equipped with a plastic applicator for easy use. However, some don’t have any applicators, which can make them more compact for storage. It’s best to find one that is easy for you to use and preferably free of any harsh chemicals.
- Material: Some tampons are made of synthetic materials, while others are all-natural or organic, which are great for sensitive skin or anyone who is easily irritated. Choose the ones that make you feel good about using them and are comfortable.
- Leak-Proof: Most tampons offer this as a standard feature. After all, it is kind of necessary to have!
- Pack Size: Not everyone needs a large number of tampons, but if your period is rather long or you don’t like making monthly trips to the store, a large pack may offer convenience.
- Overall: A tampon should be comfortable for you! There’s no one-size-fits-all and nothing wrong with switching it up by trying multiple sizes or styles. The tampons recommended below are based on a number of factors to be used as a guide, but that doesn’t mean they will work for you. A little trial and error is never a bad thing until you find the right product that makes you comfortable and keeps you protected.
Most Preferred: Tampax Pearl Regular Absorbency Tampons
Available in multiple absorbency levels, these tampons are ideal for helping you find the one that fits your flow. This tampon is designed with a LeakGuard Braid to help stop leaks before they happen and an anti-slip grip with a rounded applicator tip that makes application easy and comfortable. Tested to be gentle on skin, there is no chlorine bleach or perfumes in these tampons. They also feature a FormFit design that expands to fit you.
Tampax Pearl Regular Absorbency
Multiple comfortable features and LeakGuard protection, these tampons are free of any harsh chemicals and are comfortable to use.
Best Organic: Cora Organic Tampons
Made with a 100% organic cotton core, these tampons are designed to be comfortable and highly absorbent as well as hypoallergenic. Available in multiple absorbencies, from light to regular to super and even super plus, these tampons expand to fit your unique body for both comfort and leak protection. The applicator has a sleek tip for smooth insertion, is small enough to fit in your pocket, and is BPA-free.
Cora Organic Tampons
Made with 100% organic cotton, these tampons are hypoallergenic and free of any chemicals.
Best Super Absorbency: U by Kotex Security Tampons
Designed with a smooth and soft applicator for your comfort, these tampons are ideal for anyone with a heavy flow. These OBGYN-tested tampons are unscented and made to keep you protected from leaks. Each one is individually wrapped and offers easy insertion with a smooth plastic applicator for additional comfort.
U by Kotex Security Tampons
Designed with a smooth applicator and extra protection from any leaks.
Best Sport: Playtex Sport Tampons Multipack
Offering additional protection with a 360-degree fit and additional backup layers, these tampons are ideal for active people. They expand to fit your body shape for protection even during the wildest movements. The applicator is comfortably contoured with a slimmed tip and no-slip grip. Unscented and made to move with you, these tampons are great for almost anything, from biking and hiking to running to swimming and anything in between! Additionally, they come in a convenient multi-pack to help you find the flow and fit that’s right for you.
Playtex Sport Tampons MultiPack
Great for anyone involved in sports, thanks to additional layers of protection that moves with you.
Best Multi-Pack: Tampax Pearl Plastic Tampons Multipack
No need to buy multiple packs of different absorbancies with this convenient multi-pack that includes all three most common levels — light, regular, and super — so you can experiment to find the right one for you. They are designed with the LeakGuard Braid to help stop and prevent leaks, an anti-slip grip for easy insertion, and a rounded applicator tip for additional comfort. There is also a smooth removal layer on all flow levels and a FormFit Protection to help keep you comfortable and protected throughout your period.
Tampax Pearl Plastic Tampons Multi-Pack
No more guessing or buying multiple packs of tampons with this convenient pack that allows for everyday period flow changes.