You can use floating shelves in kitchens and bathrooms to keep chemicals or breakables away from kids and pets. You can lift your favorite photos, tchotchkes, artwork, and collectibles to meet the eye. Whatever your needs, we’ve found a variety of floating shelves for you.
Buying Guide for White Floating Shelves
Why buy white floating shelves?
White shelves make a fresh statement. If you have white walls, they can blend right in. If you have colored walls, they can add a nice contrast. White is also a nice, neutral color to make your display items pop. Whatever the color of the decor in your home, white shelves will go with just about anything.
What should you consider in white floating shelves?
- Length: How much wall space do you have in that empty corner? Are you adding shelves to clean up a messy closet? Do you need extra storage in your kitchen? Are these shelves going to be a focal point in your living room? The length of your shelves should match your space and your needs, so be sure to measure before you buy.
- Weight Limit: It’s not always possible to attach your shelves directly to a stud in the wall. That’s why it’s essential to carefully read weight limits before purchasing your shelves. You’ll want to be sure the shelves that you buy will be able to support your favorite items.
- Hardware: While most floating shelves come with the necessary hardware, not all do. Make sure you read the package contents carefully before you purchase your shelves. Also, while most shelves come with hardware, they might not come with the best hardware.
What are some common uses for white floating shelves?
- Decoration: When we think of shelves, we typically think of them as a place to display our collectibles, photos, and other valuables. Floating shelves can also be hung in geometric designs, playing off one another, creating a design element on their own.
- Storage: It’s a shame when your kitchen, bathrooms, or closets simply don’t have enough storage space for your needs. If you want to create more storage shelving in any of these spaces, floating shelves are a fantastic way to make the most of your room.
- For Tight Spaces: If you live in an apartment, a shared space, or an older house with smaller rooms, floating shelves are a great way to create the surface space you need without eating up square footage. You can use floating shelves in place of end tables, curio cabinets, linen closets, kitchen cabinetry, or entryway storage.
Our Picks for the Best White Floating Shelves
InPlace Shelving Slimline Floating Wall Shelf with Invisible Brackets
This contemporary shelf comes in different sizes to display or store your favorite things in style.
Pros: The hardware is completely invisible when this shelf is installed correctly, making it truly look like it’s floating. This shelf comes in a few different lengths to fit just about any space. It’s a great value, and the simple design makes it super versatile.
Cons: This shelf is made from particleboard and not real wood. It can’t handle a lot of weight.
Bottom Line: If you’re looking for simple shelving at a great price, this is a nice option. It doesn’t take long to install, and the directions are easy to read and follow. Plus, the slim design blends in beautifully in just about any space.
Labcosi White Floating Shelves
These real wood shelves blend in seamlessly with your farmhouse, Scandinavian, cottage, or modern decor.
Pros: These white floating shelves come in two different sizes. They’re made from quality pine wood and metal with rustproof coating. They come with easy-to-follow instructions, and you can mount them two ways. They’ll look great in a kitchen, a bathroom, a hallway, or wherever you feel like you could use a little something.
Cons: You will need power tools to install these shelves. The plastic anchors that come with the shelves are very large, so they’ll leave large holes in your walls. Also, you can see the brand logo on the shelves.
Bottom Line: If you’re looking for high-quality shelves to elevate your space, look no further. Despite their small size, they can handle some weight. They make a fantastic addition to kitchens and bathrooms and won’t rust.
Americanflat Floating Shelves Set of 3 in White
Made to look stylish and sleek, these shelves are perfect for your indoor plants, artwork, family photos, and more.
Pros: This three-pack of shelves is very cost-effective. They’re made of real wood and have a simple yet trendy design. Arrange them how you like to create a unique display. The ledges protect your photo frames from falling and becoming damaged or broken.
Cons: These shelves don’t come with hardware, so you’ll need to purchase two drywall screws from your local hardware store. The installation instructions are not included. And while the width measurement is 4 inches, the usable space is about 1/4 inch less.
Bottom Line: If you’re looking for simple and cute shelves that can handle a little weight, these may be a good choice for you. They come pre-drilled with three holes to be drilled into a stud. They also come with white stickers to cover unsightly hardware for the perfect finish.
SRIWATANA Floating Shelves
These functional shelves can be hung with the walls upwards or downwards to create interest while displaying your favorite things.
Pros: These shelves are lightweight, making them easy to hang. They’re also easy to remove if you decide you want them in another room. Since they’re on the smaller side, they’re good for kids’ rooms, storing spices in the kitchen, or displaying little decor items. The raised sides make them good for holding books and taller items.
Cons: Since they’re lightweight, they can’t handle very heavy objects. The white finish may chip off fairly easily. Also, these are fairly small.
Bottom Line: If you’re looking for cute floating shelves to create some dimension in your room, these may be a great option for you. They each come with two anchors, keeping them stable on the wall. They’re an excellent option for smaller spaces.
Greenco 4 Cube Intersecting Floating Shelves- White Finish
This designer shelf made from real wood is easy to mount and works great in just about any room.
Pros: These cool intersecting square shelves come in a variety of finishes. They come with easy instructions and all the hardware and tools you will need to hang them. Also, they can hold up to 4 pounds or more if you use additional anchors. Whatever you add to them, they’ll create a sweet focal point in the room.
Cons: The corners are a little tight, making it difficult to hold wider objects. The pre-drilled holes are a little big for the anchors, so you may need to secure them with wood glue. Also, the small slots are very small.
Bottom Line: If you want a decorative shelf to add some character to your space, this is the floating shelf for you. It’s perfect for little knickknacks or small plants.
Floating shelves come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and designs. When looking for a floating shelf, be sure it fits your space and your style. Our top picks are all good options to spruce up a space.